Tuesday, July 20, 2010

America, Here's My Boy


America, Here's My Boy

Here is a song that is just the opposite of the previous song. A song with lyrics that indicates that a mother's willingness to give her son to the cause of war.

Don't Forget The Lyrics



There’s a million mothers knocking at the nations door,
A million mothers yes and there’ll be millions more,
And while within each mother heart they pray---
Just hark what one brave mother has to say


Chorus: America, I raised a boy for you,
America, You’ll find him staunch and true,
Place a gun up on his shoulder,
He is ready to die or do
America, he is my only one;
My hope my pride and joy,
But if I had another, he would march beside his brother;
America, Here’s my boy.


There’s a million mothers waiting by the fireside bright,
A million mothers, waiting for the call tonight.
And while within each heart there’ll be a tear,
She’ll watch her boy go marching with a cheer.

No comments:

Post a Comment